You commit to graduating on time. We help you get there.
How Does It Work?
Meet with Your Advisor
Together with your academic advisor, plan your course schedules to complete all necessary degree requirements on time.
For freshmen, on time is defined as within four years of their first semester. For transfer students, on time is defined as within three years of their first semester.
Commit to Graduate
If you are able to complete all the courses you need to graduate on time, your advisor will note in your record that you are participating in Senior Countdown.
Senior Countdown Begins
You will receive a welcome email with information about how to access your Senior Countdown benefits:
- Alumni networking and career coaching experiences
- Guaranteed assistance for classes required for your degree plan
- Priority access to the Graduation Help Desk
To learn more about your college or school’s process for applying to graduate, visit their website:
- Cockrell School of Engineering
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural Sciences
- Jackson School of Geosciences: Contact your academic advisor
- McCombs School of Business
- Moody College of Communication
- School of Architecture: Contact your academic advisor
- School of Nursing: Contact your academic advisor
- Steve Hicks School of Social Work
If you are completing your last courses at another institution and are not registered at The University of Texas at Austin at the same time, you can still apply to graduate from UT Austin in your final semester. This is called graduation in-absentia. Contact your advisor to see if you are eligible to complete this process. If you still have questions, contact the Graduation Help Desk.