Want to work with our talented ULN Scholars? From volunteering at UL events to actively supervising an experiential learning opportunity, use this guide to see what makes the most sense for you to get involved with ULN.
There are a variety of ways you can engage with ULN Scholars.
Recruiting/Hiring ULN Students
- Have an experiential learning opportunity you would like to promote to ULN students?
- Email a flyer, short description, and deadline to email@example.com to have the opportunity be posted on the ULN Experiential Learning Bulletin.
- This bulletin is updated weekly with new opportunities from partners that are interested in recruiting ULN students. ULN students have exclusive access to this bulletin through their ULN Cohort Canvas pages. Internships, part-time jobs, funding opportunities, and experiential learning resources are posted here.
Post your position on HireUTexas Powered by Handshake with the following format “Job Title – ULN Friendly”
“ULN Friendly” Employers Means:
- Positions are 10 to 20 Hours/week.
- No more than 10 hours unpaid a week
- Student must have direct supervisor.
- Integrates professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities for performance assessment and feedback
- Performance expectations and feedback are clear.
- Check out Texas Career Engagement website for advice, templates and best practices for posting on HireUTexas.
Questions or issues about using HireUTexas? Contact Texas Career Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating in ULN Events
ULN needs volunteers to assist with events. Some events that need the help of volunteers include:
- Mock Interviews – Interview ULN students and provide feedback
- Leadership Panel – Speaking as a panelist or facilitating a panel
- Networking Events – Ex: Attend a meet the pros etiquette lunch and network with ULN students while sharing information about your profession and career.
- Facilitating Information Session or Skills Workshops
- Ex: Resume writing, Application process, How to get involved in an experiential learning opportunity at your organization, and more
Tabling at Resource Fairs
ULN will be hosting a Spring Experiential Learning Resource Fair in February. Day and time TBD
- Interested in participating? Email email@example.com
- You don’t have to have an active position you are recruiting for to participate, if your office provides students resources to help with securing an experiential learning opportunity, you are welcome to participate.
Our Fall Kickoff typically has a small resource fair. Past participants include the UT Outpost, Texas Global, Texas Career Engagement and more.
Staying Up to Date with ULN
Complete the following survey to be added to the ULN email list.
Make sure to fill out this survey to let us know how you are interested in working with ULN!
- Survey will allow us to gather how you want to work with ULN, contacts and timelines of recruiting for Experiential Learning opportunities.
- Insights will help inform programming, timelines for communication, and more.
- Give us up to date contact information and add yourself to the ULN Partner email list.
More about the ULN Experiential Learning Requirement
- ULN scholarship requires scholars participate in an Experiential Learning opportunity year 2-4 every Fall and Spring term.
- Summer experiences can count towards future semesters.
- On-campus internships (Paid & unpaid)
- Paid Part-Time Job
- Education Abroad
- Undergraduate Research
- Practicum/Capstone/Large Scale project
- Fine Arts & Media portfolio
- Off-campus internships (Paid & unpaid)
- Work-Study Job
- Domestic Study (ex: UTNY, UTLA)
- Organization Leadership Position
- Graduate School preparation