The University Leadership Network is partnering with Eli Lilly & Company to offer the Make Life Better Scholarship exclusively to ULN Scholars who are sophomores and in their second year at The University of Texas at Austin. Through this initiative, 10 scholarships of up to $10,000 each will be awarded each year for three years.
Interested students are invited to complete the application process outlined below. The submission deadline is October 28, 2022. The 10 students selected to receive a Make Life Better Scholarship in 2023 will be notified by December 2022.
Recipients will receive their scholarship funds over three academic years ($2,000 each Fall Term and Spring Term).
To be considered for the Eli Lilly & Company Make Life Better Scholarship, students must submit an application and meet the following criteria:
- Sophomore ULN Scholar
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math
- No immediate family members currently employed by Eli Lilly & Company
The following items are to be included as a part of the application:
- Application form
- Academic summary
- Ask two references to complete a Scholarship Recommendation Form
- Four short essay questions
In 400 words or less, please answer each of the following questions:
- How do you intend to Make Life Better upon graduation?
- In thinking about your social identities (cultural heritage, race, gender, socio-economic background, family, work, and/or school experiences, etc.), describe an experience that illustrates what you bring to UT Austin?
- How have your social identities contributed to who you are today and your pursuit of a career? What are your plans after undergraduate/area of interest?
- What financial challenges do you anticipate encountering as you continue to pursue your college education? How do you plan to overcome the identified challenges?
For more than 35 years, Eli Lilly & Company has been a leader in diversity and inclusion, hiring the nation’s most highly qualified and technically skilled graduates who are underrepresented minorities, effectively engaging a range of voices across the company and ensuring that all of its employees have equal opportunity to advancement.
The University of Texas at Austin is proud to have 60* Longhorn alumni at Eli Lilly. ULN’s commitment to student success is unparalleled, and their four-year support network is dramatically increasing the percentage of historically underrepresented students who graduate from UT Austin/higher education in Texas.
As UT Austin strives to meet its mission of unlocking potential and preparing future leaders, the university is dedicated to attracting highly qualified students with a wide range of backgrounds. Eli Lilly & Company’s Make Life Better Scholarship is geared toward achieving the mutual goals of UT Austin and the Eli Lilly & Company by creating opportunities for 30 ULN students over the next three years.
*Per self-reported data from Alumni via LinkedIn on 7/30/20