There is no application required to be selected for the Presidential Scholar’s award. Our Presidential Scholar recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- A student who is a Texas resident who graduated from a Texas high school.
- A student who is accepted to The University of Texas at Austin as a freshman for their outstanding high academic achievements.
- A student who demonstrates high financial need based on the financial information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To support their studies at UT Austin, all Presidential Scholars receive $5,000 annually or $20,000 over the course of their undergraduate career, up to 4 years or 8 long semesters.
Presidential Scholars must meet the following requirements in order to remain award eligible:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year before the priority deadline.
- Maintain an overall UT Austin minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Starting with their first year at UT Austin, Presidential Scholars must complete a minimum of 30 hours of coursework each year.